Courses at the University of Toronto can get expensive, especially if you’re an international student. Fortunately, there are plenty of scholarships available to help offset the cost of your studies and maybe even pay it in full!
The application process isn’t that difficult, but it does require careful attention to detail and plenty of time to complete properly. The following guide will show you everything you need to know about University of Toronto scholarships for international students and how to apply for them!
Details About University of Toronto Scholarships
- Host University : University of Toronto
- Study Levels: Undergraduates, Graduates
- Location: Canada
- Deadline: Varies
Undergraduate Degree Level Scholarships
If you are a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a program at U of T, you could receive funding through scholarships administered by Enrolment Services. Whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or an international student who requires a visa to study in Canada, find out about academic scholarships and awards for domestic and international students.
Learn more about eligibility criteria and how to apply (Given below). The U of T Awards Centre is responsible for all undergraduate degree level scholarship programs on campus (except graduate entrance scholarships which should be applied directly through faculty). Visit our site regularly as we regularly post new opportunities as they become available.
Postgraduate Degree Level Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded based on a candidate’s overall academic performance in all undergraduate studies. To be eligible, students must have completed an Honours Bachelor’s degree with at least second class honours (or equivalent). A research paper may be required as part of some scholarship applications.
Candidates can apply from any country, provided they can demonstrate proficiency in English by achieving an acceptable score on a recognised
English language test (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL or TEF) or by holding an accredited undergraduate degree from a university where English is not their native language. These scholarships will cover tuition fees only and not living expenses such as accommodation and transportation costs.
Highly Competitive, Award-Winning Scholarships
The University of Toronto (UofT) offers hundreds of scholarships each year through a variety of programs including
- athletic awards
- entrance awards
- post-secondary achievement awards
- and more.
If you are an international student looking to study at UofT’s St. George campus in 2018, then you may be eligible for some of these prestigious scholarship opportunities. The University will award $90 million in scholarship funds over 2023! Some available funding includes:
- UofT Scarborough Awards ($21 million)
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships ($17 million)
- Goldwater Scholarship ($1.5 million)
- Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize ($10 000)
and many more! To see all available scholarship opportunities, visit Official website (Link Given Below)
Unique, Specialized Scholarship Opportunities
Not all scholarships are created equal, so it’s good practice to shop around before applying. University of Toronto offers a wide range of scholarships just for international students. From renewable undergraduate and graduate level awards such as The Raza-Esmaeel Scholarship to highly competitive opportunities like The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Scholarship, there are many opportunities at University of Toronto that can help you make your tuition dreams a reality without breaking your bank account.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Toronto scholarships
International students are normally considered for scholarships at either:
- UofT Scarborough
- UofT Mississauga
- or UofT St. George
- For fall semester admission, international applicants must have completed a minimum of two years (four semesters) or 60 credit hours with at least a B average from an accredited university in one of our partner countries.
- This may include universities where English is not used as a medium of instruction.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you will be enrolled full-time and can support yourself financially during your studies at UofT.
- You should contact us directly through email by completing and submitting our online scholarship application form.
Note: Please note that there are no University of Toronto Scholarships available for undergraduate programs offered by Centennial College or Seneca College. All other university-level programs offered by Centennial College and Seneca College are eligible under University of Toronto Scholarship Programs.
Process To Apply for University of Toronto scholarships
When applying you need a few things.
- You must have your immigration status and health insurance sorted out, along with proof of these documents (make sure it is valid!)
- You also need to have proof that you are eligible for tuition fees (for example an acceptance letter from University).
- Last but not least you will need a high school diploma. If any one of these is missing,
- your application will be put on hold until you provide all required documentation!
- There may be other requirements depending on what scholarship you are going after, so make sure you thoroughly read over everything before beginning your application.
Once again don’t leave any blanks in your application, if there are questions it will be ignored and rejected!
University of Toronto Website, University of Toronto Scholarships Website
You Can Also Apply for:
- National Chiao Tung University Scholarships 2023: How to Apply
- University of Glasgow Scholarships – (70+ Scholarships)
- University of Alberta Scholarships for International Students