The University Of British Columbia Scholarships are open to international students from around the world. The scholarships are worth up to $60,000 CAD per year and are renewable for four years of undergraduate study.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is one of the top-ranked universities in Canada and is a popular choice for international students. The university offers a range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs across its two campuses in Vancouver and Okanagan. UBC also offers a number of scholarships for international students. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the scholarships on offer for 2023.
Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated financial need. For more information on how to apply for the University Of British Columbia Scholarships, please visit the website.
Scholarships and financial aid are available to help you pay for university.
There are many benefits to having a scholarship, including:
- Scholarships can help you pay for your education.
- scholarships can give you the opportunity to attend a school you may not have been able to afford otherwise.
- Scholarships can help you focus on your studies by taking away some of the financial stress of paying for school.
- Scholarships can help you get involved in extracurricular activities and make new friends.
- Scholarships can give you the opportunity to travel and see new places.
Eligibility Criteria for the University Of British Columbia Scholarships
The University Of British Columbia Scholarships 2023 In Canada for international students is open to all international students who meet the eligibility criteria. To be eligible, you must:
To be eligible for the University Of British Columbia Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be international students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Have completed, or be currently completing, their final year of secondary school (Grade 12 or equivalent)
Have an excellent academic record
- Demonstrate English Language Proficienc
- Meet the general admission requirements for undergraduate studies at UBC’s Vancouver campus
If you meet the above criteria, you are encouraged to apply for the University Of British Columbia Scholarships In Canada for international students.
Tuition at the University of British Columbia (UBC) is among the lowest in Canada for international students. In addition, UBC offers a range of scholarships for international students to help cover the cost of their education.
- The International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES) is open to students from around the world who are entering UBC as first-year undergraduates. To be eligible, students must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership qualities, and involvement in extracurricular activities. Successful applicants will receive a renewable scholarship worth up to $40,000 CAD over four years of study.
- The Global Leader of Tomorrow Award is another option for high-achieving international students entering UBC as first-year undergraduates. The award is worth up to $80,000 CAD over four years of study and is renewable provided that recipients maintain a satisfactory academic standing. To be eligible, students must demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership qualities, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
- The International Student Transition Program (ISTP) provides funding for international undergraduate students who are transitioning to life and studies in Canada. The program helps cover the cost of living expenses such as food, rent, and transportation. ISTP recipients will also have access to a range of support services including English language classes and peer mentorship opportunities.
How to Apply?
The University of British Columbia offers a range of scholarships for international students. To be considered for these scholarships, you must first submit an application for admission to the university.
If you are applying for undergraduate studies, you can find information on how to apply for scholarships on the UBC website. If you are applying for graduate studies, please consult with your department or faculty.
UBC also offers a number of need-based awards and bursaries. These are available to international students who demonstrate financial need and meet the eligibility criteria. You can find out more about these awards and how to apply on the UBC website.