Finishing your undergraduate studies and looking to further your education by pursuing a graduate degree in Denmark? Scholarships are an excellent way to fund your graduate school costs, and you’ll find plenty of opportunities to apply for Denmark scholarships that will let you afford the best education possible. Here are 8 top Denmark scholarships that international students should apply for in 2023!
Denmark Scholarships for International Students
- The Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreement
- The Danish Government Scholarship – one year programmes
- The Elite Athlete Programme
- scholarships offered by individual universities in Denmark
- The Nordic Council of Ministers’ Scholarship Programme for exchange students within the field of Nordic languages and literature, social science, natural science, or engineering (applicants must be citizens of the Nordic countries)
- Margrethe-Neumann Scholarship Programme for Exchange Studies at Aarhus University
- The Friendship Foundation’s scholarship programme
About Denmark Scholarships 2023
- Scholarship: Denmark
- Countries: All Countries outside Europe
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Masters, PhD
Benefits of scholarships in Denmark
- Scholarships can cover your tuition fees, so you don’t have to worry about finding the money to pay for your studies.
- Many scholarships also offer a monthly stipend to help with living costs, so you can focus on your studies rather than working a part-time job.
- Denmark is home to some of the world’s top universities, so you’ll be getting a high-quality education if you study here.
- Danish universities offer a wide range of programs, so you’re sure to find one that suits your interests and needs.
- 5. If you want to learn a new language, studying in Denmark is a great way to do it since Danish is one of the languages offered at most universities.
1) INCO Denmarks General Scholarship
The INCO Denmarks General Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that is awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. The scholarship covers tuition, room and board, and other expenses for up to two years of study at a Danish university. To be eligible, students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and be enrolled in a full-time degree program at a Danish university.
2) University Of Aarhus Graduate Fellowship
The University of Aarhus offers a number of fellowships to highly qualified graduate students. The fellowship includes a full tuition waiver and a monthly stipend. Fellowships are awarded based on academic merit and the needs of the department. Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at the University of Aarhus.
Danish Institute For Study Abroad (four sentences): The Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS) offers scholarships for semester-long programs in Copenhagen and Zealand, Denmark.
3) Danmarks Internationale Ungdomsuddannelse – DIU
The DIU offers full and partial scholarships to international students who want to study at a Danish university. The scholarships are based on financial need and academic merit. To be eligible, you must have completed your secondary education and meet the minimum grade requirements for admission to a Danish university. For more information, visit the DIU website.
Danish Institute for Study Abroad – DIS (two sentences): DIS offers scholarships for international students who want to study abroad in Denmark. The scholarships are based on financial need and academic merit.
4) The Fulbright Commission Postgraduate Grant Scheme
The Fulbright Commission Postgraduate Grant Scheme is a competitive scholarship program that offers grants to highly-qualified American students to pursue postgraduate study at any accredited institution in Denmark. The Fulbright Commission provides a limited number of grants each year, and preference is given to applicants who demonstrate financial need. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is important to apply early.
5) French Government Excellence Awards in France
The French Government Excellence Awards are open to international students who are currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program at a French institution. The scholarships are worth up to €12,000 per year and can be used to cover tuition, living expenses, and travel costs. To be eligible, applicants must have an excellent academic record and demonstrate financial need. Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will open in November 2022.
6) German Academic Exchange Service Scholarships – DAAD
DAAD scholarships are available for international students who want to study in Germany. The scholarships cover tuition, living expenses, and travel costs. You must be enrolled in a full-time degree program at a German university to be eligible. Applications open in the fall and are due in the spring.
7) Norwegian Financial Support Program 2022
The Norwegian Financial Support Program is available to international students who want to study in Norway. The program provides up to 10,000 NOK per month for living expenses, as well as a one-time travel grant of 8,000 NOK. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2022.
8) EU Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Coursework Grants
The EU Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Coursework Grants are awarded to students enrolled in an Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Programme. The scholarships cover travel and living expenses, as well as course fees. To be eligible, students must come from a country outside of the European Union. The deadline to apply is April 1st.
How to apply for Denmark Scholarships
The Danish government and a number of private institutions offer scholarships to international students every year. If you want to study in Denmark, you should start looking for scholarships as early as possible. The best way to find out about scholarships is to contact the Danish embassy or consulate in your home country. You can also search online for Denmark scholarships or study in Denmark.
- MBA Scholarship At Harvard University In USA
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023
- Full Ride USA Scholarship 2023 – Fully Funded Scholarship in USA